Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2000 version 5.04

ACT 2000 version 5.04

Anyone know where I can get the 5.04 update?  Had a crash on an old 2000 computer and am trying to open up some of my database files.  I reloaded ACT 2000, but it says 'Database created with later version.  Cannot open database.'  So, I'm sure I need the update.  Looked online, but only found broken links.  Thanks.

Sutton 

Re: ACT 2000 version 5.04

Sutton,

You can get the 5.0.4 update from the download center - http://www.act.com/support/updates

Login with your ACT! profile.  Create a free profile if you don't have one and use the following criteria to access the download: ACT! by Sage -> 2000 (5.x) -> N/A

I downloaded Update 5.04 and tried to install it, but it keeps insisting that I don't have ACT! 2000 (version 5.0.x) installed on my computer. I actually have ACT! 2000, build 5.0.3.423, on my computer. How do I get around this and get the update to recognize the version I have?

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

My guess is that you are using Norton antivirus or system works. If so the fix is to uninstall both ACT! 6 and Norton, restart the computer and then reinstall ACT! first and open ACT! 6 at least once and then reinstall Norton. Norton now blocks registry keys critical to the full installation of ACT! 6. If ACT! 6 is install first, everything should work.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129