Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2000 ver 5.0.0.178 > When I insert a Note it duplicates it. So I have two notes exactly alike.

ACT! 2000 ver 5.0.0.178 > When I insert a Note it duplicates it. So I have two notes exactly alike.

When I insert a Note it duplicates it.  So I have two notes exactly alike.

If I click on one to delete, BOTH are highlighted.  If I delete both I get message saying "This record has been deleted from the database.  Your current view will update to reflect the change".  When I click OK both notes are gone.  It leaves ONE note with the date and time for the note but the text of the note is blank.  If I type in the note in the one remaining note field, it will remain.

This started after I setup Synchronizing for the very first time two weeks ago.  I'm not sure if this caused it or not.

OS = XP Pro, shared on the network to one other XP machine.  I sync my laptop using ext harddrive and this has NOT happened on it.

The harddrive on the desktop with the problem is a 250GB with 9GB free.  I will be adding a bigger drive shortly.

You HELP is appreciated.

Thanks

Ron

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2000 ver 5.0.0.178 > When I insert a Note it duplicates it. So I have two notes exactly alike.

To run on XP Pro you would need to update to 5.0.4. I suspect that at this point you may have succeeded in corrupting your database. 
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: ACT! 2000 ver 5.0.0.178 > When I insert a Note it duplicates it. So I have two notes exactly alike.

I will update.  What is the best way proceedure to clean the database.  I have backups from two weeks ago prior to the problem.

Thanks

Ron

Platinum Elite Contributor

I updated, ran the ACTDIAG, ran reindex inside ACT! and it seems to have fixed the issue.  THANKS!!!

Ron