Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2000 up grade invalid serial number

ACT 2000 up grade invalid serial number

I've been trying to up date ACT 2000 to the latest version. When I try to install ACT6, in the process the software states that my ACT 2000 serial number is invalid??? Please advice

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2000 up grade invalid serial number

yes well then how do I upgrade from act 2000?

Depends on what you want to do. If you want to use ACT! 6 as a step to converting to a later version then you can use the trial version. However if you want to use ACT! 6 long term then you're out of luck. Your best bet would be to buy an upgrade to ACT! 2012.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Ok. What happened is that my laptop dies. I took out the hard drive, inserted it in a metal housing and currently using it as an external drive.  My current laptop is 64 bit the ACT program is 32bit. I downloaded the ACT 2011 trial version and I cant access the records on the external drive because i can't remember the password. I've bee through ACT tech support. Can't help without a signed document . On top of that, the tech would not confirm that once I did return the doc-- that it would cost me to talk to tech support to solve my password problems on the data file.

So two potions. Access the external drive from a 32 bit computer that I have - But evertime I try the act.exe file says there a problem (act versions 6,7,8,9,10)

or

Load Act onto the 32 bit computer. loaded act 2000 still can't access file on the external drive

or load Act 2011 trial version.. still cant access files from the external drive - - pasword issues

Please advise.

The first thing I would do is copy the ACT! 2000 database files onto your main hard drive, there should be no problem with that. If the ACT! 2000 database was single user, it likely doesn't have a password. Try using your name for the user name and leave the password blank. Try different variations such as with or without middle initial, etc.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I read some were that the older Act versions stored the username and password in a file. Can you tell me how to locate the file?

Yes they are stored in the BLB file but they are also encrypted.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I'd recommend getting the upgrade from an ACT! Consultant and getting them to set it up for you in the way it works best