Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2000 lost the templat that showed all the information about the customer

ACT 2000 lost the templat that showed all the information about the customer

Yes, I have ACT 2000 and have lost the contact page were it shows all the contact information at the top with the notes at the bottom. I have tried to right click and go to startup, chosen act and it says it does not exist even though I am currently on it. Please write back if you have any ideas, I have tried everything and am now in trouble with a database that has been worked on for years

Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT 2000 lost the templat that showed all the information about the customer

If you are in the database then it is the layout that it cannot find. Go to Edit Preferences and on the right hand side where it says database go to the dropdown and choose Layout. In the field below it should read something like c:\program file\act\layout or wherever you have placed the layouts.

The other method to find this path would be to do a search of files with the extension .cly and then make sure the path is in the box methioned about for preferences.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Re: ACT 2000 lost the templat that showed all the information about the customer

Paul,

Thanks for your response, however, I found by going to preferences and then choosing layout, it did have cSmiley Sadforward slash) program files (forward slash)symantec (forward slash)ACT (forward slash) layout
then when I chose to go with layout nothing changed.....
Any ideas??
Pat
Bronze Contributor

Please describe what you do see in the main window area - do you see the Tabs, like Notes, History, etc?  Are they all the way to the top of the screen?  Maybe post or include a screen shot of your screen so we can evaluate it.

Signature

The tabs are all showing at the bottom of the page.  I am not sure how to get an image of the screen to post to you.  Thanks.

Pat

Bronze Contributor

Pat, when you click the Layout drop-down, are there other layouts in the list?  First, note the name of the layout that you see there, so you can get back to it later.  If you can, select another layout from the list to see whether you can see the labels and fields and Tabs on that other layout?  The layout dropdown is in the lower right corner, next to the group dropdown that probably says <No Group>

Signature

Paul,

I had tried all your advice thus far to restore the template to the way it was just a week ago, with no luck.  Do you have any othher ideas?

Pat