Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2000, Word 2000 and Windows 7

ACT! 2000, Word 2000 and Windows 7

Having trouble getting the a above three programs to work and play well together.  When I hit the write button I get the "failed to connect to word processor"  Doesn't matter if I have either ACT or Word selected as the processor of choice. Tried the downloading the updates but no joy.  Any suggestion would be most appreciated.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2000, Word 2000 and Windows 7

I'm not surprised... neither ACT! 2000 nor Word 2000 were ever designed with Windows 7 in mind.

Either go back to XP or look at upgrading Office and ACT! to versions designed for Windows 7
Astute Commentator

Mike is correct. Two week ago I sent this e-mail in relpy to a question from a customer using ACT! 6 on Windows 7:

Thing about like this. Back when ACT! 6 was supported by Symantec, then Interact Commerce corp, BEST and now Sage there were people who would look into this. One I remember was an accounting program was over writing one of ACT! files and thus making it un-operable. Once discovered a fix was made and life went until the next issue. But as the story goes in 2005 there was no one is in the shop anymore. No one is home. No security no assistance, no one to write code anymore. SQL became King, Long live the King! The End, for now!

David Moran

ACT! Certifided Consultant

Platinum Elite Contributor