Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2000 WP Driver Not Running?

ACT! 2000 WP Driver Not Running?

HELP ~ I'm a great fan of ACT! 2000 which is my own database and I've been quite happy with it over the years. Recently my company PC (operating Windows 2000 Professional) died on me and the company have replaced it with a PC operating XP Professional. I'd backed up my ACT! database and also have the original software, which I've dowmloaded to the new PC. Although a few things look different, in essence the Contacts are fine.

HOWEVER! ~ if I try to access the Word Processor on any level, I get a warning box saying:- "Failed to connect to word processor: ACT Word Processor"

Then a second box appears, saying:- "The Word Processor Driver is not running"

I am totally computer ILLITERATE, although my company IT people will try and help me if I TELL THEM, what's wrong. "It's not THEIR software, so they're not responsible for sorting it out!!!"

PLEEEEAASE! Can anyone make any suggestions ~ other than suggesting I change company!

PETE MILLARD

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2000 WP Driver Not Running?

Which version of Word is installed?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

You might have a look at this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1197...

If that doesn't help:

What version/build of ACT! - the full build from Help | About?

If earlier than 5.04, you should get the update from:

http://www.act.com/support/updates/index.cfm?show_downloads=true&product=1&version=9&locale=7

What version of MS-Office? Office 2003 support was added in ACT! 6.0

Interestingly enough, I had an old WORD '97 on my old PC, but my company will only allow me to have OPEN OFFICE 3.1 for Word type documents on the new PC.

So does this mean ACT! is in some way connected to the WORD programme? ~ because the Letter templates I used on ACT! were only set up within the ACT Word Processor and I never assembled them in WORD first of all.

PETER

Mike

I've just checked and the version of ACT! that I have is 5.0, so I will take your advice about the update you mention.

I really appreciate everyone's help.

Thanks

PETER

Only if you use Word as theword processor for the ACT! program.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Act! 2000 - Failed to connect to the word processor, the word processor driver is not running

My Act 2000 All of a sudden tells me with a pop up window that [Failed to connect to the word processor, the word processor driver is not running. I have had MS Office 2003 2007 Professional already running with its MS Word and Open Office's Word processor working and then boom I get that message. If you have any solutions to this issue(s) please post it or write back to me. Alan21057@aol.com. I also installed it on a new computer with Win Xp and Win 7 and some work and some have not since then.

Thank you

That kind of problem is ususally a broken link in the Windows registry.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129