Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2000 Sync Problem

ACT! 2000 Sync Problem

I have a user who's notes are not syncing with the database.  I am using a database to database replication.  This has been working in the past and has stopped working a few weeks ago.

I have: 

1>  Removed all temp files (actdiag) 

2>  Removed all sync packets (actdiag) 

3>  I have scanned and had actdiag scan and repair the database

4>  Removed all indexes (actdiag) and rebuilt (workstation side)

I remember way back when that there was a file that could be deleted that tracked which records had been sync'd and could be deleted.  I can't remember, nor can I find the resource that told me what to do. 

Any suggestions? 

Jimmy Dixon 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2000 Sync Problem

How many users are actually syncing? Database to database synchronization must only be used between two databases. Not two at a time but two databases only. If three or more databases are syncing using database to database synchronization, you will lose data.

The file you referred to is the TDB file but deleting that may not help. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

[ Edited ]

The TDB isn't used properly with Database to Database sync...it is reset each sync that way

Which is why it only works for 1 remote (ie 2 databases)

Message Edited by GLComputing on 06-04-2009 03:07 AM

Sorry to disagree Mike, but the TDB is used with database to database synchronization. That's why more that two databases using database to database sync will lose data. Among other things, each sync gets a time and date stamp. The result is that if DB A makes changes and then syncs to DB B, the changes are sent to DB B and DB A sets a time and date stamp that the changes have been sent. Then DB A syncs to DB C but the changes are not sent because DB A has a record that they were already sent. When I was in tech support I had several opportunities to confirm that scenario with callers that were using database to database sync with several different database.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Sorry... I originally had "isn't used", but edited to "isn't used properly"... I thought the DB-DB sync resets it after sync, which is why the packets aren't sent again

I have two remote users and a central database.  What is the "best practice" for them to sync without loosing data and getting all the data sync'd.

How would I remediate the databases so that I could do it the "best practice" way?

Jimmy