Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2000 Insert Note function - how to re-activate this function which previously worked?

ACT 2000 Insert Note function - how to re-activate this function which previously worked?

Until recently in ACT 2000, the Last Results field content would be copied down into the Notes screen

of the Contact record when one clicked on the "Insert Note" button.

This does not work anymore - you only get a blank field in which to fill in data or manually copy and

paste to this field from the Last Results field.

Does anyone know how to regain this function of auto copy and paste from the Last Results field

to the Notes field when the Insert Note button is pressed?

Sincerely,

voyager1

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2000 Insert Note function - how to re-activate this function which previously worked?

I don't think that was ever a function ...

Changing the Last Results field should create a History of the change ... unless you've turned if the Generate Hist option for the field.

Create Note should always start blank

Re: ACT 2000 Insert Note function - how to re-activate this function which previously worked?

I asked the question because up to a few months ago, whevever I

entered information in the "Last Results" field and then pressed

the button labeled "Insert Note", the information would appear

below in the history "Regarding" column.

Could it be that a macro accomplished that, triggered by clicking

on the "Insert Note" button? or is there a function that can be initiated

when the "Insert Note" button is clicked on?

Thank you in advance for your advice!

voyager1

Platinum Elite Contributor

It should appear in the History regarding column when the record is saved ... whether or not you click "Insert Note". The two things are not related except that opening the Note popup forces a save of the changes in the current screen

Hello Mike and thank you for trying to answer my question regarding Last Result and Notes history.   

Would it be possible to call you to go over what I am seeing regarding my question as your answers, if I am reading it clearly seems to indicate that whatever you enter in the Last Results field (providing the log History box is checked under define fields - which it is), should appear in  the Results History screen - which is not happening presently - here are your two statements:

"Changing the Last Results field should create a History of the change ... unless you've turned off the Generate Hist option for the field."   and    "It should appear in the History regarding column when the record is saved ... whether or not you click "Insert Note".

voyager1