Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

yesno field in contact designer

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

yesno field in contact designer

In my Contact Designer page I have added about 20 yesno fields.  When I go back to my contact page it shows all the field descriptions, but only shows 11 of the boxes to be checked.  Is there a limit on the number of boxes that can be used?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author nassman
‎02-09-2016 12:45 PM
Copper Contributor

Re: yesno field in contact designer

Understood.  We have added data last week and this week and cannot loose that data.  Trust the Migrate Fix will be done quickly.  Honestly, this was not handled well. 

We will never upgrade anything locally till the Web is done.  We should not have listened to the advice to upgrade before the web.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi nassman,

There is no limit on the number of custom fields that you can have in a database.
When you say it only shows 11 of the boxes to be checked, is this after trying to check them? Can you explain in a little more detail please? Screenshots may be useful to illustrate your issue.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Just to confirm what Gary states I have created many multi Yes/No fields for clients without problems. 

Have you  tried removing the ones that don't show from the layout view and re-entering them?

Copper Contributor

I was adding them on the contact designer pager without adding the fields on the web.  They postponed our web 17 upgrade to version 18 this past weekend. 

Now we are stuck in our tracks.  We cannot sync, so the new defined fields are not accessible right now.

Administrator

You should still be able to define fields using the web interface on v17 using Internet Explorer.
If you have already downloaded the v18 offline client, this can be uninstalled and replaced with the v17 client to sync remotely.
Copper Contributor

I was told my a tech that I could reload the V17, but may loose some of my new data.  Is that true?

Administrator

[ Edited ]

If you have made changes to your database in the v18 offline client that are not currently reflected in the v17 online interface, then those changes will be lost as the v17 database will be the one your offline client will use after installing the v17 offline client.

If you have not made any changes, and your v17 online interface database is up to date, and all your data is accessible, there should be no issue with installing the v17 offline client.

Solution
Accepted by topic author nassman
‎02-09-2016 12:45 PM
Copper Contributor

Understood.  We have added data last week and this week and cannot loose that data.  Trust the Migrate Fix will be done quickly.  Honestly, this was not handled well. 

We will never upgrade anything locally till the Web is done.  We should not have listened to the advice to upgrade before the web.

Thanks.

Administrator

Where were given the advice to upgrade the offline client before the cloud platform had been updated?
We would always recommend updating only after the cloud platform has been updated.