Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

why is the "follow up" button greyed out (non-functional) for emal items that are stored in history

Copper Contributor

why is the "follow up" button greyed out (non-functional) for emal items that are stored in history

this is also a highly frustrating lack of functionality, although maybe I am doing somethign wrong.  Any help would be appreciated.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: why is the "follow up" button greyed out (non-functional) for emal items that are stored in history

[ Edited ]
This is because the activity type for a recorded email is "Other", for which there is no follow-up option. Just openn the history item and change the activity type to something else, then the "Follow Up" button will be available. You can create a custom activity type called "Email" to use for this purpose by going to Schedule/Manage/Activity Types.
Message Edited by ghollister on 11-10-2009 05:46 PM

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Re: why is the "follow up" button greyed out (non-functional) for emal items that are stored in history

Greig,

Thanks for the tip - this is helpful in that it allows me to do the follow up, but why has not ACT simply added funtionality at the core application level to simply store an email as an "email" type - which is a default type like call or meeting and have the follow up button active - it seems like such an incredibly basic requirement it is hard for me to understand why it is not in the application givne the long heritage.

Brett