Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

which port(s) do i need open on act2012 premium for web

Tuned Listener

which port(s) do i need open on act2012 premium for web

Purchased and downloaded act pre 12 for web.

Installed on server, found the admin web guide, but since i downloaded the sw, don't have any real manuals.

working ok, can access server from the computer itself via browser.

Can't get it from any other computers. I know I need to open ports on win firewall and router, just don't know which ports act needs.

I did not install sync services, I see from setup menu there is that as well and don't know if this takes care of opeing ports. Eventuially I will have remote db that have to sync, assuming that needs it own ports, but that is secondary right now.

Also, if there are other manuals online that I could get, would appreciate someone telling me which I should have.

Thanks for any help.

Copper Contributor

Re: which port(s) do i need open on act2012 premium for web

From inside your firewall this should work:

http://server-name/APFW/contacts/contactDetail.aspx

I'm not at the work computer just now, so I don't have the port info.  If no one else answers I'lI get that in the a.m. 

You'll also need  a static IP to access from outside the firewall.

Copper Contributor

Here it is:

Port: HTTP(TCP:80)

Tuned Listener

Thanks, had the right port, but couldn't figure out why we couldn't reach it....

Was a new computer, and it came with McAfee, which had their firewall turned on, not Windows. Once I got rid of McAfee, everything working fine!

On the same line, to get outlook working with act web. It states that I should use SSL.

What specifically do I need to do in my firewall. I know I need port 443, but I don't know what opens for this.

Appreciate your help

Copper Contributor

In Control Panel, open Windows Firewall.  Select Shange Settings-Exceptions-Add Port.

Tuned Listener

xd40, thanks for the quick reply, but in win7, what i see for windows firewall are not these choices. I can open advanced settings from the left side of main firewall, then i get a choice of adding new inbound/outbound/connection rule. Am i missing something.
Tuned Listener

ok. i see what you mean, normally i would click on allow program or feature, then at bottom of this, add program. But don't know how this is getting me SSL on act for windows? sorry for my lack of knowledge on this...I have been looking for a kb on this but can't find one..