Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

where did the Act 21 download link go?

Copper Super Contributor

where did the Act 21 download link go?

Is the Act 21 client download missing for everyone else?

Silver Contributor

Re: where did the Act 21 download link go?

The SP1 for ACT V21 has been removed but there is now an update 1 for ACT V21.1 containing all the elements of SP1 (According to the what's been fixed list.)

Normally updates can only be applied to the relevant SP version so this is confusing. SP updates normally indicate s schema change as well so some explanation ASAP about what is going on from Swiftpage please.

Silver Contributor

Please can we have some sort of statement from Swiftpage about V21 SP1 being removed and also the confusion this is causing as Update 1 for V21 SP1 is still showing. Been a week now and still no response from Swiftpage !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Btw,

where's the product announcement for 21.1? Schedule in the 05 May Spring Launch Event Presentation.pdf says "May 2". This year?

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Copper Super Contributor

-Act

21.1 premium for web is missing many of the .asp files so the front end is all messed up

Silver Contributor

Hi Richee

Thanks for this information.

Why is it that Swiftpage have not had the decency to make some statement on the forum.

Copper Super Contributor

I'm guessing the support staff have their hands tied.  They know the application is riddled with bugs and a fix for one person is never a fix for everyone.  It's very obvious that no real testing is done prior to updates being released as they always come with multiple more issues.  In my experience is seems like we're the testers.

Silver Contributor

Interestingly I used to be a Beta tester of ACT but a few versions back they stopped beta testing with our small group of End Power Users. The last time I beta tested we were given a list of things to check and I only found 3 issues but when I then tested items not on the list I found a further 9. They said at the time of no longer using end users there was little value in using them to beta test as the ACC community did that, as an old Saleslogix and ACT acc I could not disagree more, you need a range of people beta testing and the current policy is why we are in this current situation.  

Do you know how long until it's open again?
Silver Contributor

Until one of the moderators gives us an update we are all left wondering. Swiftpage have this strange notion that if it is bad news keep it quiet instead of being honest and sharing so that people can plan round it. Whoever is in charge of the keep it quiet policy needs to be fired!

I am upgrading 12 PCs and 2 Servers next week from ACT V19 to ACT V21 based on ACT V21.SP1 being available. As it is booked with IT upgrades etc we are going to have to do the job and then update again when SP1 is finally released.