Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

when opening activities get Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Copper Contributor

when opening activities get Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Hi,

Upgraded database from V18 to V20.1 and now the customer clicks on an activity they get "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." at least 3 times.  Then when you click on the image that is the issue you get the error message again.  The whole user experience of activities is not great for the customer.

2018-05-24_16h52_38.png

I can stop the error message by taking the text in details and copy into notepad and repaste it back in but it is really painful to do this and there are a lot of activities that are doing this.

It never did this in the older version of Act! why is it now doing it in V20.1?  I have run check and repair on the database but still get this error message.  I suspect that the database does not like something in the details,  I did see they had images and tables in there.

The customer knows how to get around the issue but I wanted to check is there a way that we can fix this on mass? 

The thing that I don't understand is that if it does not like images/special characters  in the details why is the user allowed to put them in the details?  The customer just selects everything and pastes it in and now it is a problem since they upgraded.

Thanks

Damon

Administrator

Re: when opening activities get Object reference not set to an instance of an object