Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

what is the purpose of having the date field editable when clearing an activity

Copper Contributor

what is the purpose of having the date field editable when clearing an activity

Scenario - I set up an activity - say a call - for 11/06/09.  Lets say I dont get to it until 11/10/09.  When clear the activity, the date that is shown is the original date of 11/6.  My thought would be to change the date to 11/10 since that is the date of the actual activity - which it lets me change.  Then when I hit "ok" and look at the cleared activtiy line item in the activities tab, it still shows the original date of 11/06 not the 11/10.  The history record that is created does show a date of 11/10, but if I was to go back 6 months from now and look at the actvities versus history it would make no sense - it would show a cleared activity on 11/6 on the activity tab and a history record on 11/10 in histroy.  I think the activity date should be changed as well.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: what is the purpose of having the date field editable when clearing an activity

When you set a time, it uses that... in case you did it then, but are updating ACT! later. That's why you can change the info that you want recorded in history.

The History shows what you did... Activities show when you scheduled them

You could move the Activity to when you completed it before clearing.