Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

web client spurious message?

web client spurious message?

Hello,

Can someone tell me why this message is in the event log as an error but the user is able to log in just fine? I'm trying to troubleshoot some problems with the server and I saw this and wasn't sure if there was a configuration we missed.

Thanks

Laura

SOURCE: Act.Web
FORM: __EVENTTARGET=&__EVENTARGUMENT=&__VIEWSTATE=%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&ddlDatabaseSelector=SoverSales1%7cACTWEB&loginControl%24UserName=user&loginControl%24Password=Password&loginControl%24LoginButton=&loginControl%24cxRememberUsername=on&__VIEWSTATEGENERATOR=636BDFFB
QUERYSTRING: ReturnUrl=%2fapfw%2f
TARGETSITE: Boolean ValidateUser(System.String, System.String)
STACKTRACE:    at Act.Web.ACTMembershipProvider.ValidateUser(String username, String password)
REFERER: https://soveractmobile.sover.net/APFW/default.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fapfw%2f

Re: web client spurious message?

Hi Laura,

The error in question is not something I have seen before. Are there any specific errors being thrown up by Act when loggin in or when you are using the software?

Peter

Re: web client spurious message?

We're starting to wonder if its OS related/ The hardware guy set up a windows 2012 server and we've had problems ever since.