Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

want to change pwd on remote users, do i need to re create and send new db

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

want to change pwd on remote users, do i need to re create and send new db

I want to change the pwd for remote users. I just got the system up and going, and would much rather have much more secure pwds now that everything seems to work.

Can I just change it on the server site, and the next time they sync it will pull over those changes and they will need the pwd to login into their remote dbs, or do I actually need to create a new rdb and send it to them (hopefully not).

Also, is there a way to change the frequency of syncs? If I set it to 30 days, and they do not sync at day 31, I am hoping it doesn't lock them out of the db until they first do a sync, but rather gives a message and they can still use their remote dbs. thanks for any help.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jbinbi
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: want to change pwd on remote users, do i need to re create and send new db

You can change it on the server database, and next time they sync (logging in with their old pw) it will pull that change down.  The next time they log in to their remote they will need to use the new password.

If they have not synched within the time-frame chosen when creating the remote database, they are not prevented from logging in to the remote.  The option to synchronize again depends on the version of ACT! you are using.

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author jbinbi
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

You can change it on the server database, and next time they sync (logging in with their old pw) it will pull that change down.  The next time they log in to their remote they will need to use the new password.

If they have not synched within the time-frame chosen when creating the remote database, they are not prevented from logging in to the remote.  The option to synchronize again depends on the version of ACT! you are using.

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT
Platinum Elite Contributor

Rather than you setting them, you can define the complexity settings and expiration times and they can do it themselves. See:
http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19180
This can also prevent them changing back to more simple ones

With sync expiration, it could lock out with versions 2005-2009, but from 2010 on, it's just a notification