Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

v21 & Outlook Sync Problems

v21 & Outlook Sync Problems

Hi

Apologies if this is dealt with elsewhere - I'm a newbie, please be gentle with me. I'm afraid that this information is second hand as the end user is a complete technophobe and hates forums, so as the Systems Admin I get roped in.

We have a Windows 2016 server running the main install of ACT Premium v 21.0.295. The main DB has around 10K records in it. The end user runs a remote DB on a Windows 10 laptop with Office 2013 installed. He reports that the following is happening and as a non-ACT user I can't help.

The laptop in question is currently connected to our office LAN but I've turned syncing Off on the main DB so as not to trash the main set of records.

Issue #1: Selecting ‘Synchronise with Outlook’ (Outlook to ACT) doesn’t attach emails sent post-Aug 2nd to corresponding ACT records. However, doing an attach manually works OK.

Issue #2: When running the sync process, (2-Way sync) thousands of duplicate records get created in his local DB. This is why I've turned off syncing on the main DB. He did a sync when in this state a couple of weeks ago and I had to restore the server VM from backup because the duplicates got dumped into it. The number of duplicates varies per record, not all records get duplicated. The only option is to manually chop out all records created on the day the sync was run. Of the 10K records, maybe 5K+ duff entries get added.

Can any kind soul out there suggest what might be going on and how I can fix it for him, without the use of petrol & matches?

Many thanks

Silver Contributor

Re: v21 & Outlook Sync Problems

Regarding ACT and Outlook I would look to see if the Add-In has been made inactive -

https://help.act.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024254654-Act-Addin-becomes-inactive-after-restarting-Outl...

The duplicate records issue could be either corruption in the remote or more likely that the remote is syncing contacts with another 3rd party product.

Unless absolutely necessary do not sync remote database contacts with any other program. You may now need to cut a new remote and start again once corrected.

Highlighted

Re: v21 & Outlook Sync Problems

Thanks for the advice - I'll take a look when the guy is back in the office.

Cheers