Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

v19 For Web in IE11 or EDGE- can't reduce the column widths in List View!!!

Copper Contributor

v19 For Web in IE11 or EDGE- can't reduce the column widths in List View!!!

[ Edited ]

Using Act since 1999, and have overlooked the many failings.  BUT, with the update to v19.2 for Web, while in IE11, Act will not allow the column widths to be reduced below some random default setting.  THIS SUCKS.  My problem is that I have up to 20 columns loaded, which I normally scale down in size to fit everything on one screen.  Now I can't.

This might just stop me from upgrading past v17, unless someone knows the trick to reduce column widths.

Administrator

Re: v19 For Web in IE11 or EDGE- can't reduce the column widths in List View!!!

When you say there's a minimum size - I've tested this on my database, and while there is a minimum size, that size is pretty tiny.

chrome_2017-12-29_11-30-06.png

Is this different to your experience? 

Copper Contributor

Correct, my columns will not reduce like yours.  I wonder if it has something to do with the Word Wrap feature.  I can seem to find where to change that setting.

Copper Contributor

So to clarify, in ACTv20 for WEB, I have tried Google Chrome, IE11, and EDGE while customizing column widths in the Detail View for Groups.  Sad to say, ACT will not allow the column widths to be reduced in these browsers.   The strange thing is that I can adjust the column widths while in List view for Contacts. So why did Swiftpage disable this feature while in Detail View for Groups

Bronze Elite Contributor

I have replicated the issue and confirm it is a change in the way it works.

Tested in IE and Chrome. NB this test was in V20 and looked at V16 to see difference.

You can change width but there is a minimum of about 20 characters now.

Administrator

Yeah, I've been able to replicate this in both Companies and Groups.

It looks like the Groups and Companies list view just functions differently from the contacts one - like you say there is a minimum resale size for columns in these lists. I'll query the devs as to whether this is intended behaviour or a bug.