Search instead for 
Do you mean 

user morphed into non-user contact

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

user morphed into non-user contact

Hello,

I want to make sure I don't mess this up, so I'm hoping for some advice.

I have a user, with manager perms, who suddenly became a non-user contact.

When I look in manage users, it has the correct employee user name, but a client's non-user contact name.

The contact appears unchanged, but obviously something is wrong.  The user claims no knowledge or funky activity.

Suggestions?

thanks

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author jsheflin
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: user morphed into non-user contact

To create the new contact record, use the Contact > Duplicate Contact option.  Select the option for 'All Fields'.  Once that is complete, you can use the Tools > Copy/Move Contact Data option for the Notes/Histories/Activities/etc.

The cause... it was simply written over (by accident I'm sure).

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies

The contact record for the particular user has been updated with a contact/customer's name.  To correct this, have the user perform a Lookup > My Record.  This should be the user's name, but will show your customer's name.  They will need to create a new contact record for the customer information and then update the My Record with their own information.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

"

The contact record for the particular user has been updated with a contact/customer's name.  To correct this, have the user perform a Lookup > My Record.  This should be the user's name, but will show your customer's name.  They will need to create a new contact record for the customer information and then update the My Record with their own information.

"

thanks for the quick reply.

when the user does a My Record Lookup, they go to the customer record - the customer's notes, details, address, etc - everything about the customer, nothing about the user

so what is the best way to copy all that data to a new record?

any idea how it happened?

thanks again

Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author jsheflin
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

To create the new contact record, use the Contact > Duplicate Contact option.  Select the option for 'All Fields'.  Once that is complete, you can use the Tools > Copy/Move Contact Data option for the Notes/Histories/Activities/etc.

The cause... it was simply written over (by accident I'm sure).

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

thank you - seems to have fixed it with no backlash so far