Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

upload desktop custom layout to cloud veresion

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

upload desktop custom layout to cloud veresion

I sent a support ticket but it failed. So I’ll type the info again here.

Our product is Act! Premium Cloud. I was told to download a desktop version to customize some fields and layout.  This has been done in Act! Premium Ver 18.0.501.0, Hot Fix 4.  I would now like to export that to our Cloud version which the team will use.  What knowledge base article best fits this process required?  I then am ready to import some contacts.  It is best to do that on the desktop version or directly into the cloud version?  What KB article best describes the process to keep these two versions in sync? 

Thanks,

phoward

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author phoward
‎02-18-2016 07:58 AM

Re: upload desktop custom layout to cloud veresion

Thanks for the input guys.  I just got a new link for a new cloud version this morning that I hope will resolve the issue.  The actual problem was I did not receive the full cloud version when we went from trial to live so the sync option was greyed out.  They sent me a link to the full version this morn so I'm trying now.  Thanks again for the response.

phoward

View solution in original post

All Replies

Any help please.  Maybe even some basic processes or check points I need to make sure are covered.  ie, should i make a back up of the new layout database before uploading to the cloud.  Any input appreciated.  thx

Nickel Super Contributor

Question... Do you have a remote database?

if yes...  Log out in Act! WEB server  and synchronize your local database with the web server...  and then Log in and verified by WEB if you can see the changes.

1.png

In addition... With your account number, you can send a request to   http://www.act.com/resources/contact

Best regards,

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com
Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi phoward,

There is a very useful Knowledgebase Article that serves as an index for Premium Cloud articles, covering upload and browser compatibility etc.:

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38147

Here is an additional article that covers setting up the offline client for Act Premium Cloud:

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37973

Solution
Accepted by topic author phoward
‎02-18-2016 07:58 AM

Thanks for the input guys.  I just got a new link for a new cloud version this morning that I hope will resolve the issue.  The actual problem was I did not receive the full cloud version when we went from trial to live so the sync option was greyed out.  They sent me a link to the full version this morn so I'm trying now.  Thanks again for the response.

phoward

Dear all,

I am a recent user of Act Premium Cloud and made a significant amount of customisations in the design of companies, contacts etc. However, after downloading the remote database and setting up the offline client, I see that these changes are not transfered. Any tips/ideas?

Thank you!

Adriaan

Administrator

Hi Adriaan,

All changes made to the layout should be included in the remote database which you restore into the offline client.

Did you create a new layout for your changes, or did you make your changes in the default layout?

Try clicking on the different layouts in the dropdown bar in the screenshot below. Your changes might be saved on a different layout than the one you're viewing.

Act!_2017-01-25_17-22-18.png

Dear Gary,

Thank you for your feedback. I completely overlooked, works perfectly.

Thank you!

Adriaan