Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

unable to open act email - object reference not found

unable to open act email - object reference not found

Greetings, I am a new member to the forum.  I have just installed the latest ACT with all the updates. I am using Vista Business with Spac 1,  Act seems to work well and i have the act link in outlook (I am using Outlook 2007 enterprise - all the office suite).  Everytime i try to open up email act it comes up with   either ActEmail.exe has stopped working and to debug or object reference not found.   I am new to ACT 10 but have used the older versions 6.

Any suggestions?  - i have loaded sql server with the latest spac1.         

George    

George Patounas
Copper Contributor

Re: unable to open act email - object reference not found

Have you turned of the UAC in Vista?

Greetings - This is one of the first things i have turned off when i loaded the O/S - I have since uninstalled and reinstalled Act and SQl and it still spits up the same error after a short time.  It goes to load then fails, the latest error message is

* pop up message from ACT Sage.

Retrieving the Com Class factory for component with CLSID  {a whole bunch of Hex and Binary numbers} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

George

George Patounas

I have just worked it out, I made Act email to be the main email account to send and recieve and that made it work.  Previously in the older versions you could use both.  Not sure why or if this is the norm with Enterprise office.

Anyway thank your for your help with my problem,  I will just use act emails to conduct my business, next step is to make Act and Quickbooks accounts work together, then incorporate Excel and Word with an Access database if possible. 

George

George Patounas
Platinum Elite Contributor

You can also just use Outlook directly without the ACT! Email client... much better for ACT! 10 users.