Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

unable to install ACT! Premium 2011 30-day trial

unable to install ACT! Premium 2011 30-day trial

Hi,

I have downloaded ACT! Premium 2011 30-day trial, and tried to install it on my 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate PC, which already has SQL Server 2008 R2 installed.  The installation fails with the following message:

Sage ACT! Pre-requisite Installer has detected that the ACT7 instance is either not running or disabled.System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at PrereqCommon.SQLMethods.HardReset(String strSecurityCmdLnApp, String ACTPath)
   at PrereqCommon.SQLMethods.InstallSQL2008(String SourcePath, String ACTPath, String Param, String strSAPWD, Boolean InstallSP)
   at PrereqCommon.SQLMethods.PrepareAndInstallSQL2008(String strSrcPath, String strSQLPath, String strACTPath, String strSQLAccount, String strSQLCollation, Boolean IsSPNeeded)

I am unable to trial the software or move forward.  I have tried installing SQL Express 2008 R2 manually, following another community post, which succeeds, but when I re-initiate the ACT installer, it doesn't seem to detect the ACT7 SQL Instance on my machine during the "System Check" phase.

Really stuck and need help.

Thanks,

Brendan

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: unable to install ACT! Premium 2011 30-day trial

Hello Brendan,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Assuming the ACT7 instance is correctly created, be sure to check the Services screen and ensure that the 'SQL Server (ACT7)' service is started.  Also, disable UAC before attempting the install (it may be blocking communication).

Services: Windows Start > in Search field enter 'Services.msc' > press enter key

UAC: Windows Start > Control Panel > User Accounts

Greg Martin
Sage

I have the same problem.

ACT! 2011 Premium.

'SQL Server (ACT7)' - is not running, cause installation was canceled.

Has anyone fixed this issue yet? We're running into the same exact thing trying to install ACT Premium 2012. Tried to upgrade, fresh install, and even removed every ACT and SQL instance in the registry and still no further. Very frustrating!