Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

two questions: Activities and Lookups in ACT! 2010

Tuned Listener

two questions: Activities and Lookups in ACT! 2010

The company I work for just upgraded to a new version of ACT!, and I have a couple questions.

It's ACT! by Sage Premium for Web 2010  Version: 12.0.401.0

The first one is a problem that we had in version 2006, which I'm curious whether it got changed or not.  On the Task List, I'd like to add a column for a custom field I have on the contact page.  How would I do this?  The Customize Columns option doesn't have any of the fields on the contact page.  Is there any way to get this field from the Contacts to show up in the Activities?

The second problem is this: when I create a lookup (in our database of thousands), the number of contacts/companies is restricted.  Scrolling to the bottom of the list causes it to load for a few seconds and then pop out another set number.  I found in the general preferences that I can change the number of rows, but it maxes out at 999.  Is there any way to get it to automatically load everything in the lookup?

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: two questions: Activities and Lookups in ACT! 2010

Hello jordan,

"The first one is a problem that we had in version 2006, which I'm curious whether it got changed or not.  On the Task List, I'd like to add a column for a custom field I have on the contact page.  How would I do this?  The Customize Columns option doesn't have any of the fields on the contact page.  Is there any way to get this field from the Contacts to show up in the Activities?"

No, this is still the case. You cannot add fields from different tables in the list views. The contact list can only display fields from the contact table and the task list can only display fields from the activties table.

"The second problem is this: when I create a lookup (in our database of thousands), the number of contacts/companies is restricted.  Scrolling to the bottom of the list causes it to load for a few seconds and then pop out another set number.  I found in the general preferences that I can change the number of rows, but it maxes out at 999.  Is there any way to get it to automatically load everything in the lookup?"

No, 999 is the hard limit.  I'm not sure if this is a program limit or web service limit. I would not make the number too high, as this will cause the page to take a long time to load. Remember, the APFW database is a web site and the larger the page size, the longer it will take your web server to generate and send the page. If you would like to post a request to have the page size increased or be unlimited, please do so on the Share Your Ideas board in this Community.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.