Search instead for 
Do you mean 

this beta version of act premium for web has expired

Tuned Listener

this beta version of act premium for web has expired

I have 

ACT! Prem 2009 Corp Edition EX Upg Promo req APC

along with 15 licenses

Every time I use the web version it says "this beta version of act premium for web has expired" so I go to help --> Register ACT! and I enter my license and it tells me I have already registered. I verified with customer service that I should have access to the web version.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: this beta version of act premium for web has expired

Please see KB Article 23510 for an explanation of this error and a solution.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Is there a way to fix this without updating the software.

I am under the impression if I update the server then I will need to update all of the machines in the office.

This was a program issue that can only be corrected by the update. However, if you have ACT! for Web installed on the server, but the client stations have the non-web version of ACT!, then the needed update only has to be applied to the server. This is the 11.0.1 update specifically for web, not to be confused with 11.1 update, which was for both. Applying 11.0.1 will resolve the issue and not require any updating for the non-web installations.

Please see KB Article 23289 for an explanation of the 11.0.1 for ACT! Premium for Web 2009.

Of course, we do strongly advise you update all machines at some point to the most current build (11.1).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Thank you for clarifying this. I will give it a try and see how it goes.

You really should do the 11.1 updates to the machines anyway... it's worth it
Tuned Listener

That is ideally the goal. Right now we have 14 - 15 people using ACT so this might be like a weekend project.

Do you have a calculated time that the update will take per machine.

Also, can you post the link for the ACT for Web 11 update.

I read the article but I did not see the link to download.

I did open up ACT on the server and clicked on update. I did see an update that was like 125mb but I was not sure if it was just for the web for I didn't do it yet.

Thanks 

The update should take maybe 10-15 minutes per machine. You can acquire the download from www.act.com/updates. You will prompted for an email and password, so you may need to setup a quick profile.

KB Article 23642 has instructions for applying the update

KB Article 23896 has instructions for applying in large deployments (silent update)

KB Article 23645 details the changes made in the update

Greig Hollister