Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

target=_blank not working in FF in Act Premium For Web 2013

target=_blank not working in FF in Act Premium For Web 2013

I need Act Premium for Web 2013 to open in a new window from a web link (this link will be in our back office).  It seems to work OK in Internet Explorer but misbehaves badly in Firefox (opens a new tab, closes the new tab, then loads APFW in the original tab).

I think the problem is in this code in default.aspx - can I remove all or part of this code?

var setFocus = true;
			function load()
			{
			    //Make sure this page does not get loaded in a tab or dialog as a result
			    //of forms authentication timing out. 
			    if ((window.top.window != window) ||            // We are in a tab or other frame
			        (window.opener != undefined) ||             // We are in a secondary, non-modal window
			        (window.dialogHeight != null))              // We are in a dialog

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: target=_blank not working in FF in Act Premium For Web 2013

Hello ksechrist,
I have been able to reproduce this issue in both Firefox 19.0.2 and Internet Explorer 9, and will report it to our development team. The workaround is to right-click on the link and select "Open in a new tab" or "Open in a new window". In looking at the code, I don't believe removing it will resolve, but you are welcome to test (at your own risk).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I got brave and made a copy of default.aspx before doing this, but it seemed to work.  No issues that I've found so far...

This is exactly the code I removed :

if ((window.top.window != window) ||            // We are in a tab or other frame
			        (window.opener != undefined) ||             // We are in a secondary, non-modal window
			        (window.dialogHeight != null))              // We are in a dialog
			    {
			        CheckTimeoutLocation();
			    }

ack!!   Ok that worked for logging in, but it did the same funkiness when I logged back out... I'll see if I can find the code for that later.

Thanks for reporting this anyway.

I tested this as well, but noticed that when you logout of the ACT! web database, it still closes the original tab.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I've only been able to fix this when logging in, by removing the code referenced above. It still misbehaves when logging out, and any code I find that references logout looks too important to remove. I hope this is fixed in an update soon.

I have submitted it to the development team. We'll provide an update when more information is available. Thanks for reporting this.

Greig Hollister