Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

tapi dialing from ACT omits area codes

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

tapi dialing from ACT omits area codes

I have a client using ACT premium and a 3cx phone system. 3cx states they are fully able to integrate calling from within ACT via a TAPI driver, which I have configured and works with one exception. A large portion of the phone numbers for their contacts properly reflect the area codes on the contact page, but when you use the button to call the contact and it presents you with a list of their numbers to choose from, the "number to be dialed"  field below does not include the area code.

I was able to find a contact in the list with one working and one non-working number. I re-entered the working number(i.e.. The area code is dialed) manually on the contact page, and now it doesn't work either. I can make an educated guess that the working numbers were imported into the app (I know they imported a few thousand) and the non-working numbers were manually entered in ACT.

Any ideas why the area code won't show up and get dialed? Manually entering the area code works, but is clearly not ideal. The syntax for the phone number fields is (%%%)-%%%-%%%%, not free-form.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jamesb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: tapi dialing from ACT omits area codes

The ACT! TAPI dialing works through the Windows dialer, the ACT! program doesn't have a dialer. It simply passes the TAPI compatible number to the Windows dialer. All 10-digit dialing exceptions must be setup in Windows.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author jamesb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

The ACT! TAPI dialing works through the Windows dialer, the ACT! program doesn't have a dialer. It simply passes the TAPI compatible number to the Windows dialer. All 10-digit dialing exceptions must be setup in Windows.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks, that is what I was missing. We were infact testing with local numbers only, since we tested with the staff or myself as the contact, as most of their contacts are local. I had to check the box to include area code for calls in our local area code in the windows TAPI settings. Thanks for the help!