05-08-2009 05:30 PM
I just loaded ACT! 11.0 for Real Estate - I'm loading data, and for no reason the tab key stops working, as in it worked fine tabbing between fields and then I save a contact and start to add a new one and the tab key stops working...and I can't tab between fields
So far I have:
1. Re-indexed - does not fix problem
2. Close ACT! and reopen - fixes problem, but it only works for a little while then tab key stops working again
Anyone have any idea?
BTW I have a dual processor Intel, Windows XP Professional.
05-12-2009 08:50 AM
If you choose a different layout, do the tabs work? If so, this may indicate a problem with the layout. Repairs and maintenance in ACT! cannot repair a damaged layout.
You can also go into the Layout Designer for your current layout and reset the tab stops. These control the field order for tabbing.
- Go to Tools/Design Layouts/Contact
- In the Layout Designer, go to View/Tab Stops/Show Tab Stops...tab stops will show as red numbers on layout
- Then go to View/Tab Stops/Clear...all tab stops will disappear
- To create new tab stops, just click on the fields in the order you would like to tab through them...a number will appear next to each indicating it's tab position. You can right-click on a field to assign it a specific position.
- When done, go back to View/Tab Stops and uncheck Show Tab Stops to go back to normal layout view
- Save you layout and close the Layout Designer
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.