Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

tab key stops working - Just loaded ACT! by Sage for Real Estate Version 11.0

tab key stops working - Just loaded ACT! by Sage for Real Estate Version 11.0

I just loaded ACT! 11.0 for Real Estate - I'm loading data, and for no reason the tab key stops working, as in it worked fine tabbing between fields and then I save a contact and start to add a new one and the tab key stops working...and I can't tab between fields

So far I have:

1. Re-indexed - does not fix problem

2. Close ACT! and reopen - fixes problem, but it only works for a little while then tab key stops working again

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks

BTW I have a dual processor Intel, Windows XP Professional.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: tab key stops working - Just loaded ACT! by Sage for Real Estate Version 11.0

If you choose a different layout, do the tabs work? If so, this may indicate a problem with the layout. Repairs and maintenance in ACT! cannot repair a damaged layout.

You can also go into the Layout Designer for your current layout and reset the tab stops. These control the field order for tabbing.

- Go to Tools/Design Layouts/Contact

- In the Layout Designer, go to View/Tab Stops/Show Tab Stops...tab stops will show as red numbers on layout

- Then go to View/Tab Stops/Clear...all tab stops will disappear

- To create new tab stops, just click on the fields in the order you would like to tab through them...a number will appear next to each indicating it's tab position. You can right-click on a field to assign it a specific position.

- When done, go back to View/Tab Stops and uncheck Show Tab Stops to go back to normal layout view

- Save you layout and close the Layout Designer

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: tab key stops working - Just loaded ACT! by Sage for Real Estate Version 11.0

I have followed this exactly and it is fine in the layout but I cannot tab between fields once I close the layout.