Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply

sync issues

New Member
Posts: 2
Country: USA

sync issues

Hi,

 

I have been having issues regarding the sync process ever since I have started.  Dozens of support calls and countless attempts to try to get this working with almost no sucsess.  I have to client computers running act premium 2013 and they are trying to sync with the server computer that is running act premium 2013.  Always I get the error that the syncronization failed due to a server time out.  Or exchange of watermarks have failed.  If someone could fixed this that would be a real help.  Or I think if this never works we should just try somethibng else.

 

Thanks

James

Copper Elite Contributor
Posts: 144
Country: Australia

Re: sync issues

[ Edited ]

Hi James, specifics about the systems and the issue would be helpful.

 

for example, information that could help includes:

  • what version of Act! 2013 are the users/server running? Pro or Premium?
  • what is the version number of Act! that the users/server are running? if it is different then this will cause sync issues.
  • has this sync worked previously?
  • If so, what changes have been made between when it was working and when it stopped? installed new software or antivirus? upated windows? changed network configuration?
  • what is the exact wording of the error messages? Can you provide Screenshots of the errors?
  • Have you tried searching the Error message on kb.swiftpage.com?
  • what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
  • are there other users that are syncing successfully?

The more detail you can provide, the easier it will be for others to offer support.

 

Hope this helps

 

Regards

 

 

Jared Dalrymple | Technical Consultant | P:+61 7 3423 3551
jared@evolutionmarketing.com.au | Evolution Marketing Services


New Member
Posts: 2
Country: USA

Re: sync issues

1. act premium 15.1.108.0

2. Yes the sync has worked once or twice.

3.Client has updated windows,  no changes from the server side.

4. Others are having similar problems.

5.

I have not tried swiftpage.

6.  We have tried to cut down on the CPU usage from both ends.  I made sure the time zones are correct.  Sent new databases, that only sync once or twice then they go back to having these issues.  Also a reindexing of the main database many times.