Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

social updates

social updates

using Act! Premium Version 19.0.147.0, Update 5, social updates are not launching from the contacts page

Re: social updates

Hi Simon,

I would like a bit more information regarding you issue? what are you seeing when you go to Social updates tab? does the webpage load in but are you unable to sign in?

when I click on the social updates tab, it tries to launch but then lags without opening the contact

update... the problem seems to only be with linked-in, facebook launches just fine...

Bronze Super Contributor

Simon,

I believe this is a known issue because LinkedIn changed their API and Act! is behind with this change.

The way to temporarily work round this is to click onto the LI logo in the top left, put copy the contact name in there and when you find it select 'Remember..' and it will be remembered.

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

thanks but linked in still fails to launch when I click the logo top left

Bronze Elite Contributor

Here is a related article that may help you.

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38551/kw/facebook/related/1

Copper Contributor

I upgraded to v20 after being told that the problems with the "social updates" tab would be fixed.  Even with the update2 patches for v20, Act still has all the same old problems... backward login screen, extreme performance delays in updating when switching between profiles, etc.

And please, moderators, don't ask me to give more details on a problem that is well known and the act developers cannot even come close to correcting.  I've wasted too much time with this BS.  It's fast approaching a year that act has been unable to fix this.  Flawed web platform from the ground up.  Act had the opportunity to fix this with v20, but they keep trying to patch it rather than fix the underlying problem.

Administrator

I complete appreciate how annoying this must be, as the Social Updates tab can be a really powerful tool for keeping in touch with your contacts, and I can't apologise enough for the inconvenience caused.

Unfortunately, due to some recent changes to the LinkedIn site, Act! is having some real issues displaying the site correctly through the built-in browser. This is an definitely an issue that we're tracking, and one that we've raised to our developers to hopefully find a resolution. Rest assured, we'll address this as quickly as we can.

In the meantime, you can continue to use the Social Updates tab to keep up to date with your customers Facebook activity, and you can use the Web Info tab to track other Social Media sites like Twitter or Google+. As far as we're aware, it's only on LinkedIn's site that's we're experiencing issues.

Copper Contributor

And since I deal with only businesses, LinkedIn is the only one that matters.  And quite frankly, the in-act web interface's quirks make it easy to simply alt-tab over to a browser that works.

The problem is with the obliviously flawed web architecture that act chose, and for some bizarre reason has chosen to stick with it.  I've had discussions with an act executive who acknowledges the problem.  There must be someone in AppDev leadership who has two things... 1) an incredible ego that makes him/her think that they can overcome fundamental Microsoft flaws, and 2) compromising photos of the entire act executive team so that he/she can hold the entire company hostage without be put out on his/her a$$ with a multi-million dollar lawsuit for incompetence that destroys the value that the investors have made into the company.