Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

skype callto:// field

skype callto:// field

I have created a 'callto://' field in my ACT 2010 (premium) database.  I want to use the current contact's phone number with this 'callto://' field for one-click dialing.

Is there a way to merge these 2 fields? And if so, can I apply this change globally to my whole database?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: skype callto:// field

Not without using an add-on to do it.

You might have a look at itDial, which can use the normal phone fields to dial (or a char field with Skype ID) ... this way, you'll also track history.
See: http://www.glcomputing.com.au/main/56/1

The Skype-only version is pretty cheap.

Thanks for the quick reply.  

I have looked at itDial, and calloncrm.  I was hoping for a 1 time cost for multiple users though.  I'll give itDial a try for myself, and go from there.  

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

The two probs I have with the way you were looking at:
1. Users need to update both fields when a new contact or change. Or, if you have an add-on to copy, the users might accidentally update the wrong field. While it is possible to have an add-on that updates in both direction on a change, this would need to be per user or custom (which would cost more)
2. No history
Copper Super Contributor

So Mike .. is there no workable solution for Skype interactivity? I currently use the Outlook Integration with Skype and call from my Skype directory. It will reflect the current and correct number and allow me to use my Act 20111 database on the fly. It does not of course have any call logging so I also need to run an Act timer/call or history recorder to manually record it.

Cheers

Paul

Paul B Moore
Copper Super Contributor

I am going to download the trial of Dial IT for Skype. It sounds exactly like what I need.

Paul B Moore

Hello,

Since the topic is over or almost 3 years old I was hoping that their was a solution for the problem described in de first post?

How to update all the telephone numbers of all the existing contacts to the "callto://" field.

Is there a way to do this automatically? or to merge the Telephone number field to the Skype... Callto:// field?

I am not looking for an extra program or add-on for ACT! just a quick fix Smiley Happy

Thanks in advance,

Jurrien, the Netherlands

ps. the ACT version i am working with is Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hotfix 1

Bronze Super Contributor

It's an add-on, but it's free.

http://www.freeactaddons.com/free-addons/edit-append

WIth this you might be able to get your skype:// prefix

Ben.

PS. Quick fixes rarely are.

Thank you for your reaction Ben. 

True that quick fixes usually end up being the worst choice and the longest road to succes but i'm still going to try it!

i'll keep you posted,