Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

should the user change the % on probability of close the order ?

Copper Contributor

should the user change the % on probability of close the order ?

Hi All ,

I like to know , what it the right way for the above mentioned ? i base on my personal reasons , i ask my staff not to change the % , as the % is determine by the stage of order . it will auto provide the %. for example if one have not give quotation , the probability of close cannot be 90%.

am i right ?

Paul Yeo 

Bronze Contributor

Re: should the user change the % on probability of close the order ?

Paul,

In the design phase you can set the % for each stage and it should be the business that determines which % links to each stage. I would not recommedn the staff changing the % but rather changing the stage as this is also recorded in history and you will then know who made the change.

The % should be determined by going back on 100 opportunities and then calculating the close % based on each of the stage and your exact close ratio. So in other words if you close 80% of the deals you create then it is probable that 20% is the level of the first stage. Now work you way through the rest of the stages. In some ways this is a bit of a business knowledge but you have to do the finite analysis of your past 100 or 200 opportunities to know the exact % for your business.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.