Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

restricting access to contact records

Copper Contributor

restricting access to contact records

I have 10 users that have full access to all our contacts but I also have a 3rd party supplier that i want to give access to, but i only want them to have access to a small number of total contacts.  The contacts i want the 3rd party to have access to also need to be available to the 10 users with full access

We are using v18 for web

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: restricting access to contact records

You can restrict access in Premium and WEB using Tools Manage Teams.

You create 2 teams, one for your people and one for the other group. You then assign records to each team.

You now assign people to teams, the records they see are determined by the teams/s they are in. 

If you want your people to see all the records put them in both teams.

WARNING  - Despite many requests ACT still allows access to all user records and this has been a show stopper for many clients wanting to use the team security model in a franchise or similar situation.

Administrator

Re: restricting access to contact records

ch1p wrote:

WARNING  - Despite many requests ACT still allows access to all user records and this has been a show stopper for many clients wanting to use the team security model in a franchise or similar situation.

Just to clarify, Act! Pro does not have the ability to manage security permissions. Act! Premium does have this feature.

A remote database using a restricting sync set would also be a solution for this, where the sync set is restricted to only the contacts that the user should be able to view/edit. This would also work in Act Pro.