Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

restoring data

restoring data

Hi, I have ACT 2010 and it was on the web. I lost my server but before I did I recovered all my data from ACT. I am now downloading the desktop version and I am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction on how to restore all my contacts, notes and templates for my recovered files off the web version into my desktop version?

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: restoring data

Did you have a backup ZIP file?
If not, what files do you have?
If your desktop version Pro or Premium?

I have the Pro File. Yes my IT guy backed up a zip file

I actually have the data import in excel and dont need that as much as I need the notes and layout. If that makes it easier.

If you have the ZIP file from the Web version, it's Premium and you'll need to downgrade it to read in Pro.

You can do this with ACTDIAG v14 that you can download from this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27607

I down loaded the untility tool, added my backup data base from the web version, I the removed licenses, I then went to restore database and it is giving me an error message "brsleads.adf, you dont have permission to open this file. Contact the file owner or an admi to obtain permission"

Yes, not sure I can remember password but can try

That's what you need ... if not, you'll need to get database services to reveal the password for you

I am not sure how I did it but I was able to get my data base open on my desktop by just sure luck. Now the only thing I am missing is my custom template and fields I had designed. Is there a easy way to drop those in?