Search instead for 
Do you mean 

reset sql sa password tool

Highlighted
Astute Commentator

reset sql sa password tool

hi

i know of SecurityCmdLnApp.exe but i'm not talking about that

there was a tool that i can't remember it's name that is a standalone EXE file that reveals your sa password at the server

maybe someone remembers?

Highlighted
Employee

Re: reset sql sa password tool

If you need to reset it try:

1. Click on your Windows® Start button, and either select Run or go to the Search box box on the Start Menu.
  2. Type in actdiag, and press your Enter key.
  3. In the ACT! Diagnostics utility, click the Server menu option, then select Server Security.
  4. Click Reset SQL Password, then click OK to continue.
    Note: You will not be able to enter a password, it will be automatically generated internally.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

That's a tool you had to beg and/or buy from the company. The workaround is to enable and use windows authentication. Would be nice to have direct sql access for sure but I've managed to work around it for a decade and counting.
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

There were security issues with that tool as the SA password is there to protect the data and I think it was withdrawn.

The only way I know of is to uninstall SQL instance and then reinstall using the following instructions where you determine the SA password.

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38099/~/how-to-manually-create-the-microsoft-sql-server-20...