Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

remote db won't sync

remote db won't sync

Version of Sage ACT! - 16.0.291.0, Database schema version - 16.1.198.0 - The problem is dealing with synchronization after an upgrade. - Operating system you have Sage ACT! - Server - Server 2008R2 Local - Win7SP1x64 I recently upgraded, well actually it was a new install with an import that upgraded the DB's, from 2012 to 2014 (v16). We have several remote databases used by our sales people and they are set to sync every 2 days (minimum). Since we just hit the 2 day mark I discovered that the remotes that were created can't sync. I discovered that the sync service hadn't been started so I fixed that but the remotes still wouldn't sync. So I created a new remote and opened it on the computer that wouldn't sync and the new remote worked just fine. The error message that I'm getting is telling me that I have a problem with a difference between the version on the server and the version on the remote. The solution that I'm looking for is: How do I get the two days of work that the sales people have done into a database that will sync? Can I somehow convert the unusable ones? Can I move data over?

Silver Contributor

Re: remote db won't sync

don't recreate any databases yet.  Go to help about for each machine adn make sure they are on the same version.  

Fix that issue and then try and sync again.

here is a link to the download section of the ACT website.

http://act.com/support/download-center/

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

The situatioh has changed slightly.  I now think that the remote database is corrupted in some way.  I have two other databases that were created just like the one that won't sync and they do sync.  Is there a way to merge two remote DBs so that I can preserve the changes the user made but allow them to use the DB that syncs?

Copper Elite Contributor

You can import/export data between act databases if the user security level is Manager or Administrator. You'll want to create a lookup based on "Edit Date", on or after the date of the last Sync. You can then export that lookup to your working database. Be sure to specify your Merge Options correctly. Also make a note of the number of contacts in both databases. 

You can take a look at this KB 14010 article for more info on exporting data from one database to another.

Cherie Buttsworth
ACT! Certified Consultant
Simply PC
cherie@simplypc.com.au