Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

remote database is corrupt, next steps, Act premium 2013

Tuned Listener

remote database is corrupt, next steps, Act premium 2013

So I have a remote user who has 2 computers, a laptop and desktop. Works on the desktop database syncing back to our main database when he is in his office, when he travels he takes the laptop and syncs that back to the main database. Was syncing both fine up to a month ago, started getting errors on his laptop, so he stopped using that machine. Turns out his laptop crapped out, so he got a new laptop.

But he needs to be able to run act remotely on both machine agains. His desktop is fine to sync back and forth. How do I get him this database for his laptop to sync with as well? I know I can't just do a backup restore of it?

Do I need to re create a remote database, send it to him and he puts it on both machines and syncs. In the sync window, if I select his database and just then click re create database, will this send him the same database he is working on and then he puts it on both machines?

Thanks.

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: remote database is corrupt, next steps, Act premium 2013

really are two different remote data bases..!  but can be created from the same Sync Set

The sync set defines the User - But remote databases are different, But can be created from the same sync set

Good luck and do not forget daily backup the Database

30.png

31.png

32.png

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com
Tuned Listener

Re: remote database is corrupt, next steps, Act premium 2013

Thanks for the quick reply, but not sure I follow.

This is an existing user, I already have a sync set created. He has a database on his desktop working and syncing correctly. I need to get that same database onto his second computer.

This is the situation shown better I think through a screen shot of the remote databases...

Capture.JPG

you can see rondesktop is sync'd recently, but ronlaptop has not, and it won't. So he needs another database that will work.

ON admin tasks, I was hoping I could 're create database' of one of these 2, and send to his laptop and he could just restart syncing? But which one, and would this work? My thought was to recreate his laptop from the last sync?

Or do I go to a sync set and start a fresh. I didn't want to do this, as I think the sync set was good for getting him about 90-95% of his contacts, but there are some accounts that didn't fall under the sync set rules as exceptions.

Thanks again.