Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

recurring contacts

recurring contacts

OK, I'll do my best to describe -- I haven't had much luck with ACT support, but hope that the intelligent user group community can point me in the right direction.

My company is "service" oriented, not necessary sales ( as in selling a widget "item") .  There is no "Win" or "lose", rather a continous stream of contacting our customers and prospective customers.  I have 5 "field representatives",  no territories, and approximately 5,000 contacts in my database that will need continual attention (letters, visits, phone, email, etc.) 60 days later, do it again if necessary..........

I would like to place numerous contacts on a campaign at one time (letter,visit,email) and assign to a specific "rep" to the campaign.

I need to have ability to track (report) on what activity each contact is on at all times (have they received letter, and waiting on visit, etc.)

If a contact is already on a marketing campaign with one of my reps, I need to dis-allow them to be put on another campaign with another "rep". so basically that contact will be un-available to select to be put on another campaign. 

Need a way to query contacts that have not been on a "campaign" for the last 3 months, so I can place them on another (letter, visit, email) campaign with another rep.

Obviously I'll need to record the letters, visits, emails, phone calls, etc.

I've looked at the Activity Series...not sure if that will do what I need...maybe with some tweaking???  Also looked at opportunites, and couldn't find a way to batch select and place on an opportunity that could be managed at the contact level.  If there are say.....55 contacts being place on an opportunity at the same time, ACT support tells me that they cannot be managed at the record level (i.e update an opportunity status per record on only a few of the contacts in the opportunity), rather, each contact inherits the opportunity status, which in my case cannot be changed for all contacts in the opportunity at the same time as they will all be at different stages based on my reps time,  access to the contact (maybe they are unreachable until next month, etc.

Just need a little guidance from the ACT! pros.  ACT support has been very little help for me.

Thanks so much for the help.

John Hays
Abracadabra Property Restoration

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: recurring contacts

John,

I would look at having a chat with an ACT! Certified Consulat to work out the best way for you to direct this workflow, but you might also look at SAM to see if it suits you

Thanks Mike -- appreciate your advice. 

Do I also "Need" the mail merge addon?  Can I email out of outlook with SAM?  Is this a server install with client?

I have a call into SAM support -- still waiting, so I thought I'd shoot out an email.  If you have time I'd like to get your thoughts.  As you can tell I'm new to ACT!, and quite honestly being forced to manage with it in my new position -- not a big fan yet, but trying hard to make it fit Smiley Happy

Thanks again Mike.  Enjoy your evening.

John.
Platinum Elite Contributor

I haven't used SAM myself... so, unless someone here has any thoughts, you're best asking them