Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

recommend AddOn for grabbing contact details?

Copper Contributor

recommend AddOn for grabbing contact details?

Can anyone recommend an Act Addon that works with ACT Premium, which can speed up the process of creating an ACT contact from an email in Outlook?

AddressGrabber Standard appears to do what I want but it doesn't work in ACT Premium.

AddressGrabber Business version works in ACT Premium but it's almost twice the price and has a lot of functionality we don't need.

Please let me know if you know of any other address grabber that works with ACT Premium.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: recommend AddOn for grabbing contact details?

Are the emails all in the same format or are you just capturing info from people's sigs?
Copper Contributor

GLComputing wrote:
Are the emails all in the same format or are you just capturing info from people's sigs?

Just capturing from people's sigs.

I downloaded AddressGrabber Business this afternoon, and it's okay, but I immediately realised that there is no standard email signature format. I have used it four times so far and only one of the four addresses required no editing before import to ACT.

If the email address isn't in the sig, it doesn't grab it from the email header, which is a bit disappointing. So it's not very smart - it only trys to parse what you highlight and nothing else.

Even so, it still saves time.

While we are on the topic of this product, I have to congratulate eGrabber on their support. It refused to install properly on my PC and within an hour of me lodging a support ticket a support person from eGrabber had connected into my PC (with my permission) and rectified the problem. It turned out Malwarebytes didn't like AddressGrabber!

I made a program to capture signatures from emails, it is currently works with Outlook but if there is a demand I can make it to work with ACT! as well. if you want to play with it here is link: Signature Grabber