Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"multiple Contacts" fix act! 11

"multiple Contacts" fix act! 11

The multiple user fix in scheduling a meeting that replaced "Multiple Contacts" in the "SCHEDULED WITH" field was a nice try at fixing the problem, but it missed the importance of the issue.  As we discussed in the meeting, what is needed is to have the name of the actual person that the meeting was "scheduled with" to show up, not the first person in the attendees list who's last name starts with "A".  If I schedule a meeting with John Zimmerman and add all the members of my team as attendees, John Zimmerman will not show up and will be last on the list even though he is the one who should be in the "Scheduled With" window.  What we have now does not fix the problem which is that the person we are all meeting with needs to be first place so we can all see why we are having a meeting.  My last name starts with a "B" and will almost always be first on the list and I am only an attendee.  On the way home from the ACT! Users Group meeting last night I realized that if the ACT! Team simply removes the sort order in the "Scheduled With" field the list will show the first person entered, the actual person the meeting is about.  This would be a simple fix and would allow every organization to simply enter John Zimmerman into the "WITH" list first and the field will now show his name (Zimmerman-).  I have submitted suggestions through the proper channels many times with no response or acknowledgement.  Now that we have heard about "the new and improved ACT!" support, I would love to have an acknoledgement that the ACT! team has recieved my suggestion.  This is a deal breaker for my company and many of the ACT! users I know.  In fact it will keep me from upgrading my seven licenses from 10.03 to 11.  This is the single biggest issue today for sales organizations using ACT! Premium.  We have constant meetings and do not know who they are with without entering the name in the remarks field which does not show up on the weekly or monthly calendar.  this seems like such a simple patch.  I hope we can all count on your support.
Thanks
Chuck

Re: "multiple Contacts" fix act! 11

Chuck,

All feature requests are read by product management.  I'm sure they get a number of requests each day and do not have time to personally respond to each submission.  If a request is submitted and found viable, it’s implemented in the next full product release.

You bring up some valid points; however, if they did decide to remove the alphabetical sort order, I'm sure there will be a number of requests to put the sort order back.  In previous versions of ACT! when an activity was scheduled with multiple people, it would just display <Multiple Contacts>.   ACT! 2009, it no longer does that and places a plus sign (+) next to the first contact in “Schedule With” portion, as you’ve mentioned.

I suggest enabling preference “create separate activities when scheduling with multiple contacts”.  It’s located in Tools -> Calendar & Scheduling -> Scheduling Preferences

Regards,

dlunceford

Thanks for the feedback.  I am sooo pleased to see the ACT team involved in this forum.  It's been a while since I have been here.

The problem with the multiple contacts solution is that I would then have many meeting events showing up on the calendar.  When we have factory people in for a week and we are scheduling visits with customers for him or her, the clutter would be HUGE.  We tried that in the past and it was unreadable.

I still think the solution is to simply have the customer's name show up somehow and have the other attendees scheduled but not visable.  Previously I suggested an "Also Attending" field.  That way the local team can be in "Also Attending" and the person for whom the meeting was set up (the customer) would be in "Scheduled With".  Then when we look at the calendar, we see the target of the meeting.  This is the way all sales organizations of any size opperate, with many in the meeting but the event showing the visitor that the meeting is being held for.

Thanks so much for your input.  I hope you folks can find a way to make this happen.

Best regards

Chuck

Copper Super Contributor

Similar but different - I think the issue we were hoping would get fixed was when we schedule a meeting or to-do with an individual contact and no-one else is included this works fine UNTIL you synch with outlook where it now adds in the MY RECORD to give multiple contacts

In our calendars/task lists we spend all our time undoing the unnecessary addition of myself to every individual I have an activity with.

There was a fix for this in previous versions from memory something to do with a registry fix?  Is there a fix for this in v11.0?

Thanks

Andy

Andy Kent
Angel Solutions (UK and NZ)
www.angelsolutions.co.uk
Tuned Listener

Andy, did you ever get an answer to your question? I am most interested in eliminating my name from the list since my last name starts with 'B' and I am nearly always the name I see on the calendar.

Thx. Mike

Copper Super Contributor

Looks like patch for v11 out today so downloading and implementing roll out - this is mentioned in the list of fixes but I'll see what it does after we've upgraded!

Thanks

Andy
Andy Kent
Angel Solutions (UK and NZ)
www.angelsolutions.co.uk
Tuned Listener

Thanks Andy...it has been fixed!

Mike