Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"The range cannot be deleted" during Merging Records > mail merge

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

"The range cannot be deleted" during Merging Records > mail merge

In Act! Premium Version 21.0.295.0, Update 1, when running an email mail merge with a contact record (custom) field inserted in the template is blank, Act! errors during "Merging Records" with "The range cannot be deleted" for each contact with a blank field. After clicking OK on the error message(s), the email message is sent with "‘[ACTFIELD_DELETE_ME]]" inserted where the (blank) contact field would appear,.This was not an issue with previous versions - the email message would simply appear blank where blank fields was inserted in the template. If the contact field contains data, the template merges without a problem.

This is a critical bug/defect that needs immediate attention and a fix. 

snap02083.jpg

An Act! user since ACT! for DOS v1.0 (1988)
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: "The range cannot be deleted" during Merging Records > mail merge

I just ran a test with ACT V21 and Office 2016  with a template with blank fields and it worked normally so this maybe a local issue.

You don't say which version of office you are running.

The error is an MS error when it cannot run an add-in correctly.

Could you try running ACT and Outlook as administrator just to see if this resolves the issue.

Is the ACT add-in enabled in Word?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ch1p wrote:

I just ran a test with ACT V21 and Office 2016  with a template with blank fields and it worked normally so this maybe a local issue.

You don't say which version of office you are running.

The error is an MS error when it cannot run an add-in correctly.

Could you try running ACT and Outlook as administrator just to see if this resolves the issue.

Is the ACT add-in enabled in Word?

Are you running Act! Premium Version 21.0.295.0, Update 1? Are you running Outlook 2016 64-bit?

I'm running Outlook for Office 365 MSO (16.0.11001.20070) 64-bit Version 1810 (Build 11001-20074 Click-to Run) with Act! Premium Version 21.0.295.0, Update 1.

I ran Act! and Outlook in administrator mode and the issue continues.

The Act! Add-On appear and enabled in Word.

Again, the email mail merge runs without an issue if the merged contact field contains data. The issue only occurs when the merged contact field has no data (blank).

An Act! user since ACT! for DOS v1.0 (1988)
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

All ACT V21 should contain update 1 and mine did.

Difference is 32 bit office installation so we need someone with 64 bit office to test as well to see if this is a local issue or a bug. I confirm I ran with missing mail merge data from records in the template without any errors.