Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Schedule for" window will not go away in ACT! 2013 on terminal server when attempting to view two user calendars

Copper Contributor

"Schedule for" window will not go away in ACT! 2013 on terminal server when attempting to view two user calendars

I am running a test setup of ACT 2013 on a terminal server (microsoft server 2008 R2 64x) with 3 users.  Server meets all hardware requirements and the client machines meet all hardware requirements.  

Error walk through:

User logs in, goes to calendar in ACT! and then clicks "selects users" .  User than choose two users to show calendar for and then "Schedule for" MSGBOX opens and will not go away even when options are either checked for "me" or for "<username".  Even trying to close the MSGBOX itself just makes it pop right back up.

Systemic Anomalies:

On workstations,  (regular PC with LCD monitor) I have no issues.  On laptop (have tested three) 2 of them create this error.  The one that is not affected is a dell.

Assumptions:

Based on the presentation of the problem itself I am lead to beleive the problem is resolution and or video chipset OR some sort of terminal server configuration that I am not aware of.  Can anyone lend a machette to my intellectual thicket?

Copper Contributor

Re: "Schedule for" window will not go away in ACT! 2013 on terminal server when attempting to view two user calendars

[ Edited ]

btw, it's Sage ACT! Premium 2013 with all lastest updates and hotfixes installed.  Server 2008 R2 is fully updated via windows update and has all optional .net framework componenets installed.

Last Note:  I did wipe the mentioned affected client machines and put windows 7 professional on them and got all critical service packs and updates as well as all optional .net framework updates.  Server 2008 R2 is a fresh install.  Only thing on it is updates and optionals (mostly .net framework) from microsoft.  Did a user /install and recorded installation of ACT 2013 and then updates/hotfixes of ACT itself then user /execute.  In otherwords everything is minimal and fresh and problem still persists.