Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Schedule for" drop down list in the Schedule Activity dialogue

"Schedule for" drop down list in the Schedule Activity dialogue

On ACT Premium 10.0.1.199 I have a user who is trying to schedule activities for other users on the system. The group that he is in (managers) as permission to do everything but Remote Administration. When he brings up the Schedule Activity dialog and hits the Schedule for button the drop down list is blank. Another user has that box populated with only his username. It would seem like the only group who has access to all the users on the system is the Administrators group. My Question is, where does this drop down list get populated from? Or more generally, what do I need to do to make certain users can schedule activities for others? Can anyone give me any insight into this? TIA!
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: "Schedule for" drop down list in the Schedule Activity dialogue

[ Edited ]

You may need to have the users grant access to that user as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/4f2oqp

Message Edited by GLComputing on 04-19-2008 06:23 AM
Tuned Listener

Mike,

Have the same issue, Schedule For.. dialogue box is completely empty, not even showing the default user (ie logged in user), and the user is the ACT! Administrator (ACT! 11 Prem). Any other ideas?

Evan Solomon

The Contact Group

Evan Solomon, ACC
The Contact Group
Sydney, NSW, AUSTRALIA

Hey Even... have you tried a database repair?

Is it ok with the Demo database on that system?

Tuned Listener

Mike,

Yes, have done the full database check and repair, and yes, the Demo database is OK. This was an ACT! 6 Conversion.

Any other ideas, or suggestions would be appreciated.

Evan Solomon, ACC
The Contact Group
Sydney, NSW, AUSTRALIA
Tuned Listener

To All

Resolved this one, found in the user list, that their were two people with the same Contact Name, but different login names. Checked wit hthe customer, and confirmed they were the same person, so re-assigned all records for one login to the other, and deleted the original. Now it is all OK.

Evan Solomon, ACC
The Contact Group
Sydney, NSW, AUSTRALIA

Yup, it pulls the names from the contact (not the login)... so obviously has an issue if there's a duplicate