Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Object Reference not set to an Instance of an Object" When Launching Sage ACT! 2005

"Object Reference not set to an Instance of an Object" When Launching Sage ACT! 2005

[ Edited ]

When I try to open ACT! 2005 a window pops up saying "Object Reference not set to an Instance of an Object".  If I log on to the PC with my admin account instead of a end user account, it opens, but there is no database to use.

Anything I haven't anything in the Forums with this error when just trying to open the program.  Suggestions?

*  Sorry I just realized I posted this in the wrong section.  I will re-post there.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: "Object Reference not set to an Instance of an Object" When Launching Sage ACT! 2005

Hello Drex,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Since it is specific to your Windows login, it may be a damaged ACT! preferences file. Please follow the alternate manual method to rebuild your preferences found near the bottom of  KB Article 14770. Be sure you are logged into Windows with your normal profile.

The other possible cause could be with your Windows profile itself...it may not have local administrative permissions or may possibly be damaged.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.