Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Last Sync" Date not Updating for some Remote Users in ACT 2009 (11.0.0.367)?

Copper Super Contributor

"Last Sync" Date not Updating for some Remote Users in ACT 2009 (11.0.0.367)?

I'm trying to find out why the LAST SYNC date and DAYS REMAINING do not update correctly when some of our remote users finally sync successfully.

We have some remote users who either connect to our network via VPN or through externally available network sync services to sync their Remote Databases.  Ever since we've gone to 2009, they have repeatedly encountered the "Out Of Memory Error" while syncing.  While this has yet to be resolved successfully, it usually takes them 5 to 7 times of syncing over and over again before they receive the "Synchronization has completed" message.  However, when I Manage the Remote Databases, I see that their LAST SYNC date is not updated and still shows a date of two months ago.  For reference, our interal remote users who do not encounter these sync errors that often do seem to be updated in the list.

Anyone know of a solution for this?  Our external remote users are becoming very unhappy with ACT 2009 and I need to find a fix so that we don't scrap ACT altogether. ;(

Re: "Last Sync" Date not Updating for some Remote Users in ACT 2009 (11.0.0.367)?

Have you tried the KB article below to resolve the out of memory error?

Error: "Synchronization has failed. Synchronization failed due to an out of memory error on the serv...

There is an issue with 11.0 that it will not sync changes to the remote.  We released a dbfixer to address the issue in 11.0.  This issue has been fixed in 11.1.  Have you tried using the dbfixer?  This will require you to recreate the remote databases.

Data is Not Transferring Properly During Synchronization

Copper Super Contributor

Re: "Last Sync" Date not Updating for some Remote Users in ACT 2009 (11.0.0.367)?

Yes, the Sync Service configs were changed a while ago based on this KB.  While it reduced the occurrence for some users, it has not for others.  We've had to deploy about 6 Network Sync Service servers to distribute the sync load.  We were also instructed to restart the Network Sync Services every night.  The combination of these two has also reduced the occurrences, but has not eliminated it.

So now I'm adjusting the other settings in the Config file to see if I can help solve this issue.

We'll be upgrading to 11.1 next week, so hopefully it will start working normally after that.  I don't really have an option of recreating the remote databases at this point due to inaccessibility to some of our users around the world, so I won't be able to run DBFIXER at this point.

We are having the same problem. Did you ever find a solutions? Tried adjusting the Filebuffer size but my stsyem will not let me save the changes? Very Frustrated
Copper Super Contributor

This issue hasn't popped up since we've updated to 11.1.  This update, in conjunction with configuring multiple Network Sync services (NSS) and distributing our users among them, seems to resolve the problem.  I haven't had to restart the Network Sync Services on any of our servers for quite some time now, which is a major relief.

We have 80 users, 3 databases, and 8 servers running the Network Sync Service.  One NSS server is dedicated for Database 1.  Another NSS server is dedicated to Database 2.  The other NNS servers are distributed among the users of Database 3 depending on their location in the US and the World.

Another area that was causing long sync times was having all emails with attachments sync.  We finally had to re-configure most of our users so that this didn't occur automatically.  This got really annoying when an ACT user is sending out 10MB Window Media movie attachments to other ACT users and the system decides to sync it all.  So limiting the amount of email that gets synced may have improved the situation as well.

So there are some things to think about.  Good luck!