Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Failed to restore remote database. Failed to open a connection to the database"

"Failed to restore remote database. Failed to open a connection to the database"

Hi there

I am running ACT! 2005 Premium for Workgroups.  I had been away and my syncronization expired.  

I followed the instructions in HELP and re-created the remote database from the main server.  That all worked no problem.

I then copied the RDB file onto my harddisk on my laptop and as instructed, went to "Unpack and Restore Remote Database".  

The first error I got was something along the lines of a duplicate named database and suggested renaming the old database or renaming the file when re-creating the database from the main server.  I couldn't work out howto change the file name of the re-created file, so renamed the old file on my laptop instead.   

I tried to  "Unpack and Restore Remote Database" again and I then got the error message "Failed to restore remote database. Failed to open a connection to the database"

Can anyone help?? 

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: "Failed to restore remote database. Failed to open a connection to the database"

follow this online kb

Copper Contributor

Re: "Failed to restore remote database. Failed to open a connection to the database"

I am having this problem with Act 10.0.3.182.  I have updated Sync Services.  I am trying to run across a local area network in a domain for the first time.