Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Export to Excel" button grayed out after upgrading to Excel 2010

"Export to Excel" button grayed out after upgrading to Excel 2010

I am an ACT 2009 user who regularly used the 'export to excel" button to export my contact information to an excel spreadsheet.  I recently upgraded to Microsoft Office 2010 and since that time, my "export to excel" button is grayed out.

What do I have to reconfigure to make this button active again?

Mitch

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: "Export to Excel" button grayed out after upgrading to Excel 2010

ACT! 2009 and MS Office 2010 do not integrate.  You will need to upgrade to ACT! 2011 or downgrade office to 2007.  

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com
Platinum Elite Contributor

Mitch,
As a workaround, you can go to File/Export and export your data to a .csv (text delimited) file, which you can then open in Excel 2010.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Mitch,

Your response, though partially true, doesn't resolve the issue of exporting "selected" contacts to Excel 2010.  Like many users, pretty frustrated on not being able to utilize this function.

I noticed there was a link for a "Hotfix 4", supposedly resloving this.  Downloaded and installed with no resolve.

Running ACT 2009 ver 11.1.0.183x201, Hotfix 4 and Office 2010.  Is ACT saying they are not going to provide a patch?  Is the only solution to upgrade to 2011?

Copper Contributor

Sorry, meant to address to Greg @ ACT
Nickel Super Contributor

Actually, when doing the export that Greg selected, you can only export the "current lookup" of contacts.

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com
Copper Contributor

Hmmm,

I'll have to beg to differ, unless I'm not understanding what you mean by "current lookup" of contacts.

File - Export - then on to Export Wizard

This action will export the current "database" that is open.  Thus, if one has multiple contacts contained within different databases, only those contacts within the currently open database will be exported.

I'm referring to the ability to selectively export contacts to excel.  The above exports your entire database.

Copper Contributor

No, my apologies.
You can just export current lookup.

Had to go back and check myself; saw where I was mistaken.