Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Error During Export" When Trying to Save a Report Print Preview as a PDF File

Copper Contributor

"Error During Export" When Trying to Save a Report Print Preview as a PDF File

When I tried to save a PDF report which is around 1600 pages got an error ""Error During Export" When Trying to Save a Report Print Preview as a PDF File". Tried KB 28994 but no use of it. It take two hours for me to generate this report and i am really frustrated that I am not able to save that.

Act Premium v18.1

Looking for your help

Administrator

Re: "Error During Export" When Trying to Save a Report Print Preview as a PDF File

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

Does the report contain history entries, i.e. email histories?
Have you tried selecting a smaller segment of data to see if the error still occurs?
Have you tried sending the report output to PDF directly? Also try Rich-text file if the same issue occurs.

1600 pages is a very large amount of data processing. Why do you need this in the form of a report? There is likely better methods for getting the information you need. If you explain what you're trying to achieve, perhaps we can suggest some more effective ways for you to get this information.

Copper Contributor

Re: "Error During Export" When Trying to Save a Report Print Preview as a PDF File

Gary,

The report didn't have any email histories. It only have the Activities. 

Have you tried selecting a smaller segment of data to see if the error still occurs? Yes, tried and its working fine.

Have you tried sending the report output to PDF directly? Also try Rich-text file if the same issue occurs - No, I didn't try try that one.

What about the email option? I want to mail this report to my client as a hard copy.

Administrator

It's worth a try, but I think the issue could be worked around, or the cause narrowed down if you were to split the reports into smaller segments.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Looked on the Adobe site and although there is not a page limit there is an overall size limit but most reported problems are caused by exhausting the PCs resources which crashes the operation. This is not just ACT but any export to a PDF file where the PC cannot manage the size of the file as it tries to create it.