Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Edit" menu options not available in APFW?

Copper Contributor

"Edit" menu options not available in APFW?

Maybe I am just missing it, but I am more familiar with the desktop app than APFW, but I see no Edit Menu, and can not locate the Replace, Swap, or Copy field options anywhere in APFW.

I am on v17, do not know if this has been added in more recent versions.

Administrator

Re: "Edit" menu options not available in APFW?

Hi mjmcpe,

The Edit menu in web has always been present as far as I am aware.

Here it is in v17 on IE11:

iexplore_2017-02-03_13-56-02.png

What browser are you using?

Are other users also unable to see the Edit menu?

Copper Contributor

Thanks Gary,

It doesn't show on mine. See the below pic, caputred from the edge of the screen. I also am using IE 11. I could see why an option disabling this feature for regular users would be useful (if it exists), but as an administrator, I don't think that would affect me even if this were the case. Is there a way it could be disabled on the server? I didn't do this install, so if that's a possibility, they may have done it before I was aware.

Capture.PNG

Administrator

Hi mjmcpe,

It is possible to remove the Edit menu on the desktop software, but this customisation is not possible using the tools available in the web interface.

You could try clicking on Tools > Customise > Reset Menus and Toolbars in the web interface.

Could you also try accessing your database in a different web browser (i.e. Chrome) to see if the issue also occurs there?

Copper Contributor

I checked it in IE, Chrome, Firefox, and Pale Moon. It doesn't not appear in any of those lists. I also do not have the "Customize" option under tools in the web interface to reset the toolbars.

Administrator

Are you hosting the database, or is it being provided and managed by someone else?
Copper Contributor

It is hosted on a remote server that was set up by an Act partner but I handle the day to day maintenance of it.

Administrator

I'm not aware of any out-of-the-box customisations that can be done on the web interface that would remove these options. I would suggest speaking with the hosting partner and enquire if any customisations have been done to your front end.