Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Define Fields has encountered an unexpected error and has logged the issue"

Re: "Define Fields has encountered an unexpected error and has logged the issue"

I'm moving from BCM to ACT and currently setting up database fields and receive same error. I am worried that I'm building my new ACT with a weak (error based) foundation and will thus have continued problems long term and thus I would appreciate a reply from ACT with advice on this error. Logviewer provides following:

Error Message: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at C1.Win.C1FlexGrid.C1FlexGridBase.set_DataSource(Object value)
   at Act.Framework.ComponentModel.Dashboard.OpportunityGridAggregator.RefreshList(OpportunityList newList)
   at Act.Framework.ComponentModel.Dashboard.OpportunitiesComponent.RefreshData()
   at Act.Framework.ComponentModel.Dashboard.OpportunitiesComponent.OnConnected()
   at Act.Framework.ComponentModel.Dashboard.ConfigurableComponent.frameworkDashboardComponent_Connected()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Act.Shared.Utilities.AsyncInvokeWeakMulticastDelegate.CallTheWeakReferencedDelegateSafe(SyncInvokeDelegateParms parms)
from System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast() in :line 0

Highlighted

Re: "Define Fields has encountered an unexpected error and has logged the issue"

You'll be fine.  This error doesn't cause any issues with the database or software, its more of an annoyance.