Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Act! Has encountered an error, please shut down application" when I click Companies after latest v16 update

Re: "Act! Has encountered an error, please shut down application" when I click Companies after latest v16 update

Thank you sir, worth a try - and getting them access to their data is definitely key at this point.  I'll post shortly on wether or not this was the fix.

Re: "Act! Has encountered an error, please shut down application" when I click Companies after latest v16 update

Using the Demo ACT DB layout file as replacements yielded the same results, anyone else who can provide one from theirs for me to try? months ago.

So if it is doing this with the ACT demo database layout as well, whats my next step?  Reinstalling ACT! Pro from scratch?

Silver Super Contributor

Chances are the layouts I posted would be the same.  Have you tried removing preferences?  That's on the actdiag Tools menu too.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Just tried that.  I set it up to log into the database again, but I am still getting the same error when I try to open Companies in Detail View.  

Silver Super Contributor

I think you're going to have to call support.  I can't think of a reason why the Company detail screen wouldn't come up but the Company List View would.  I could probably figure it out for you but my time would be billable.  Once you find out what the issue was let us know.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Can do.  I will give them a call.